As IBPS Clerk prelims are fast approaching, students are busy studying and finding ways to prepare in the best way possible. The current year i.e. 2018 will be the eighth year of Institute of banking personnel selection i.e. IBPS for conducting clerk exams and accordingly it is named as “IBPS Clerk CWE VIII”.
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
- The last date for applying for IBPS Clerk prelims exam was 10th October 2018. The students will be able to download IBPS Clerk admit card online for the preliminary examination in November 2018.
- The examinations are scheduled on 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th December 2018.
- There are total 7275 vacancies all over India. So be prepared not to lose the opportunity.
- The IBPS clerk prelims exam has 3 sections with 100 marks in total.
- Students must take care not to opt for guess works when they are unsure about the answers, as that might cost 0.25 marks deduction for each wrong answer.
- A sectional cut off needs to be clear for appearing in IBPS Clerk Mains exam
- The IBPS clerk exam pattern for prelims exam is as follows:-
|Subjects||No of questions||Maximum Marks||Time alloted|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Coaching classes VS self-study for IBPS clerk
Today every other aspirant has a preconceived notion that any bank exam or any professional exam can be cleared only by attending best coaching classes. Of course, there are benefits of getting coached by trained professionals but that’s not a prior condition to make it happen.
- Coaching classes provide a competitive group where one tries to perform better in a good company.
- There is a schedule for studies and an organized way of completing the syllabus can be attained in a coaching class.
- Any doubt or issue can be resolved immediately by contacting the concerned person.
- Everything is handy i.e. one doesn’t have to put any extra efforts in getting materials and information.
Well, there’s no need to think and worry if one has decided or opted to study on their own at home. Definitely, anyone can crack such exams without opting for any coaching classes from institutes as well. It’s all about being sincere in achieving the ultimate goal accompanied by strong efforts.
- Self-discipline matters a lot while studying at home on own. A proper study plan is all that is required. Strongly sticking to the planner made by self or following the schedule will easily help in achieving the goal.
- There are many online courses for IBPS clerk bank exam at reasonable prices that are conducted and initiated by many renowned websites like testbook.
- Negative marking:-Certain rules should be followed while preparing for exams like - question where a candidate is unsure of the answer should be avoided. Each negative answer has 0.25 marks deduction. So it is preferable to leave a question blank rather than answering it as there is no penalty involved. Target more on attempting questions correctly rather than guessing
- 60 days shortcut tips and tricks to study for IBPS clerk Exam:-Avoid one night preparation or 15 to 20 days preparation for banking exams like IBPS clerk as bank exams are changing their pattern of selection. They are becoming challenging day by day. Those who have failed to study all the year round there is 60 days shortcut tips and tricks to cover up the syllabus offered by testbook.
- Previous year exam paper for IBPS Clerk: - Solving previous year IBPS clerk exam papers and understanding the types of questions that are most likely asked, helps a lot in preparing for the exam.
- IBPS clerk Mock Test :- There are free IBPS clerk mock tests offered by many online study websites that help to assess the performance. Take the mock tests seriously as if it’s the real examination. This will helps in analyzing the performance in the right way. They assist in knowing the strengths and weakness in a particular area or topic.
- Section wise tips: -
- For being proficient in the English language it’s necessary to read newspapers and books as much as possible to increase the word power and vocabulary. Basic English grammar should be thorough and grammatical rules must be studied. Practice as many different questions as possible.
- Numerical ability is the most challenging and tough section hence aspirants must take lot of efforts to learn tips and tricks to study this section. Mastering over different formulas and shortcuts is necessary especially basic math of std 10th and 12th should be thorough. One must spend daily 2 to 3 hours on practicing quantitative aptitude questions.
- Reasoning ability needs logical thinking and logical thinking develops upon itself with trying new things. Here there are no formulas to solve any question the solution depends on one’s ability to think in the right way. Presence of mind, systematically reading and understanding the question is important.