Hello, aspirants, there are important announcements for you, if you are searching for CDS Syllabus 2019. The post-update is regarding UPSC CDS Exam Pattern for OTA, IMA, AFA. Candidates can get the current syllabus and paper pattern for the upcoming Combined Defense Services test. This is most important for every participant to clear the examination. Keep reading the information below.
CDS Syllabus 2019
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a national examination for Combined Defence Examination also known as Combined Defense Services. Through this test, many of the eligible applicants are selected and then undergo the training to get a place in different defense academies. The selected ones mainly get an opportunity in IMA (Indian Military Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy), OTA (Officers’ Training Academy), and AFA (Air Force Academy).
If you are also one of those applicants, who just applied for the UPSC CDS Exam, then you need to note the paper Syllabus here. All the necessary topics and subjects are well mentioned here. Kindly, note that this syllabus is as per the updated Notification issued by UPSC. In the later segment of this article also note the Paper Pattern after taking a look at CDS Syllabus 2019.
- Announcement Type: CDS Syllabus 2019
- Examination Name: Combined Defense Services
- Number of Vacancies: Various
- Conducting Authority: Union Public Service Commission
- Examination Date: 3rd Feb 2019
- Syllabus Status: Available Below
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2019 for OTA, IMA, AFA
Applicants are hereby advised to carefully check and download the UPSC CDS Exam Pattern PDF for OTA, IMA, AFA. The download link is given in the final segment of this web page. Both the paper pattern and Syllabus are also available in the form of a pdf file.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
Selection Process in occurrence order: Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Personal Interview, and Medical Examination.
UPSC CDS INA, AFA, IMA Exam Pattern
- The examination will be taken for three Subjects namely English, General Knowledge, and Mathematics.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours and will carry 100 marks per subject.
CDS Exam Pattern OTA
- The examination will consist of two Subjects namely English and General Knowledge.
- The time duration for each Paper will be 2 hours and will carry 100 marks each.
- There will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Negative Marking: Yes (0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer)
UPSC CDS English Syllabus
- Error and Omissions
- Active & Passive Voice
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Grammar and Sentence usage
- Idioms & Phrases
- Parts of Speech
- Usage of words
UPSC CDS Syllabus for General Knowledge
- Current Events – National & International
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian History
- Science and Technology
- Sports Events
- Famous Personalities
UPSC CDS Syllabus Mathematics
- Arithmetic Ability
- Graphical representation
- Numbers System
- Percentage and averages
- Linear and quadratic equations
How To Prepare For CDS 1 Exam 2019
- Start your preparation from today because the exam is now in your head and no time left.
- Still, lots of candidates not aware about the right and easy way to prepare for UPSC Combined defence service exam.
- First of all, you have to look out the step by step guide and tips to crack exam completely.
- Make a proper time Schedule for you should keep all things according to that schedule.
- After that check the complete syllabus? Like what topics you have to prepare also verify the exam pattern for better knowledge of how many questions come and in what time you have to complete the test.
- You can also look out the UPSC CDS previous year question papers so that you can get a good idea about the written exam syllabus also buy some best books for the Exam.
- In the end, start your revision before 15 days of the examination because revision makes you sharp for paper.
CDS 1 Important Dates 2019
Official notification Released on: Released Now
Last date for receiving of application forms: Soon Updated
Admit card Available from: Available in January
Examination date: 3rd February
Publication of result: Updated soon
- Official Website: upsc.gov.in