IAS Exam Notification 2017
Union Public Service Commission is going IAS Exam Notification 2017 for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017. The prelims will be held on 18th June 2017. Those, who are interested in applying for the UPSC IAS Exam are advised to go through the details given below.
Union Public Service Commission is the most reputed organization in India. The commission undertakes the recruitment processes for the most prestigious departments in Central government. Like every year, the authority provides an opportunity to the most eligible candidates. IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is one of them. Thousands of applicants study and master their respective fields to crack their Civil Services Exams.
Head up and get prepared as the process of filling UPSC Civil Services Application Form 2017 is going to start soon. Get more UPSC updates and news here in this article. The exam will be taken in prelims and main stages. The date for preliminary Exam is as we mention 18th June 2017.
|Declaration About||IAS Exam Notification 2017|
|Authorizing Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Examination Name||IAS(Civil Services)|
|Notification Released Date||22nd February 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||17th March 2016 (Friday)|
Further info as per IAS Exam Notification 2017
Eligibility Criteria and Qualification
Candidates may have any of these qualifications
- Applicants must have a degree from a recognized University also associated with the Act of Central/State Legislature, India.
- Institution established through Parliament Act.
- A deemed University under sec-3 of UGCA, 1956
Age limit specified for categories as per the No. of attempts allowed.
|Category||Maximum Age||No. of Attempts|
|PH(OH/Deaf/Blind Candidates)||42||General & OBC- 9
SC/ST- No bar
|J&K Residents||General-37, OBC-40, SC/ST-40, PH-50||No bar|
|PWD Servicemen||General-37, OBC-40, SC/ST-40||No bar|
- The application fee is 100/- that can be paid either in cash or through Net Banking/Debit/Credit.
- Fee exemption for Reserved categories and female candidates.
- The examination process is to be concluded in three phases viz. Preliminary (Objective Type), Main Exam (Descriptive Type), and Personal Interview.
- The selection process will be carried out on the basis of overall performance of a candidate.
- Final selection will be done on judging the candidate on the entire three bases.
Department-wise Posts after candidates’ selection
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Gp-B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Gp-B
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gp-B.
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gp-A
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gp-A
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Gp-A
- Indian Defense Accounts Services, Go-A
- Indian Defense Estates Service, Gp-A
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
- Indian Information Service (Jr Grade), Gp-A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gp-A (Asst Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gp-A
- IPS (Indian Police Service)
- Indian Postal Service, Gp-A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gp-A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gp-A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Gp-A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Gp-A
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Gp-A
- Indian Trade Service, Gp-A (Grade. III)
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Gp-B
- Pondicherry Police Services, Gp-B
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Gp-A
How to fill Civil Services Pre Exam Application Form 2017
- Applicants need to visit the official site for UPSC i.e. “www.upsc.gov.in” or “upsconline.nic.in”
- Look for an active link to apply online.
- Follow it and start registering for the proposed examination.
- Give your correct information while filling Civil Services Application Form 2017.
- Pay the required fee amount.
- Save the application and click submit to proceed.
- Take a hard copy of the Application format.
- Notification Release Date: 22nd February Mid 2017
- Last date to Apply: 17th March 2017
- IAS Civil Services Pre Exam Date: 18th June 2017
- IAS Civil Services Main Exam Date: 28th October 2017
Links to Note